As a homeowner, it’s inevitable that you’ll encounter small repairs and maintenance tasks around the house. While some of these jobs may seem daunting, there are many that you can easily tackle yourself with a little know-how and the right tools.
Here is local handyman in Forest Hills, MI that you can complete in a single weekend:
- Fixing a leaky faucet: A dripping faucet can be more than just a nuisance – it can also drive up your water bill. Fortunately, fixing a leaky faucet is a relatively simple task that most homeowners can do themselves. All you need is a wrench and some replacement washers or cartridges (depending on the type of faucet you have).
- Painting: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for the look and feel of a room. Whether you’re looking to touch up scuff marks or give an entire room a new look, painting is a local handyman in Forest Hills, MI that you can easily tackle in a weekend. Just make sure to properly prep the area, have the right tools (brushes, rollers, etc.), and follow the instructions on your paint can.
- Replacing a light fixture: If you’re tired of that outdated light fixture in your kitchen or bathroom, replacing it is a quick and easy way to give the room a fresh look. Just make sure to turn off the power to the fixture before you begin, and have a friend or family member help you hold the new fixture in place while you attach it to the ceiling.
- Unclogging a drain: A clogged drain can be a major inconvenience, but it’s a problem that you can often solve yourself. Start by using a plunger or a drain snake to remove the blockage. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to break up the clog.
- Installing a new toilet: While installing a new toilet may seem like a daunting task, it’s actually a fairly straightforward process. Just make sure to turn off the water supply and properly attach the new toilet to the floor and plumbing.